Great and smart ideas for the third date
If you’ve found someone you’d like to spend enough time planning (and introducing yourself to!) On a third date, we can congratulate you. (With a warning not to spoil this one!) (And some great and / or clever ideas on how to mix it up a bit.)
The third dates are (or at least it should be) more exciting than the first and second date, so we suggest you do something a little more unique.
Here are some ideas:
If it’s nice outside, you might want to:
- Plan a four-mile hike in Stone Mountain or the Indian Seats Trail to Sawnee Mountain.
- Take a casual stroll to Lullwater Park near Emory.
- Rent a bike, start at Piedmont Park and ride the Beltline; and, if you want to spend a day, stop at various places along the way or end up having a delicious bite at Krog Street Market.
- Go and see the stars at the Fernbank Observatory on a Thursday or Friday night.
- During the summer, you can go to a concert at the Chastain Park Amphitheater. If this is one of the concerts where you are allowed to bring your own food and drinks, pack a plate of cheese and a bottle of your favorite wine (to date!).
If both i your appointment how to drink, you may want to:
- Crawl the mini bar. NOTE: A “mini bar” crawl is not the same as a “mini bar” crawl. no advisable until at least the fourth appointment.) Have a snack and a drink at each place, all within walking distance. (You may also want to have Uber or Lyft on speed dial.)
- Choose from one of the interesting neighborhoods in which Atlanta is known. Attractions include Virginia Highlands, Inman Park and Ponce City Market. If you are “OTP”, try the Avalon on Alpharetta.
- Try putting the names of several fun restaurants in a bowl and choose one for drinking, another for dinner, and a third for dessert and / or a cap.
If it is cold (or completely frozen) outside, consider opting for:
- An indoor activity such as a cooking class at one of The Cook’s Warehouse locations.
- Getting ready for a gladiator hockey game in Duluth.
- Live music at one of the world-class blues clubs in Atlanta.
- Humor clubs can be good too; but you better be sure of the tolerance of your appointment with the “blue” material; otherwise, you may end up singing (or wishing you had gone to listen) the blues!
With all these great ideas aside, you may prefer to keep a more activity-based date, which can be more intimate, until you are sure that this person is a good partner. If you want to have more of a conversation-based date, switch to the first and second date by choosing a great weekend snack spot, such as Haven, Two Urban Licks, La Tavola Trattoria, Murphy’s, and Café Lily.
The bottom line is that you want to set yourself, and the date, for success by planning unique and / or exciting dates. Your date will not only be impressed with the way you are active, fun, and open to new things; but, win / win, putting yourself in different atmospheres, you will find out if you really have a strong connection.
Have you discovered other fantastic and / or clever ideas for a third date? Please share them with us in the comments section!
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.