Yes, I did not use the word resolutions in my title on purpose. As one of my dear friends posted this week on Facebook “My New Year’s resolution is to open a yoga studio for 2 weeks and then turn it into a wine bar.” Hah! We see how long the resolutions last, right?
So let’s slide smoothly into 2022, relieve the stress of the past two years, and have fun going out and meeting new people.
5 tips for meeting potential love in 2022:
1. Many of my clients have “wish lists”. And they stay in the bucket. Take one or two out and let’s go. It doesn’t have to be as big as an excursion to the top of Machu Picchu. A 48-year-old client told me yesterday that she was starting surfing lessons. Think of the new people you will meet while surfing, certainly not your current group of friends. A 56-year-old New York CEO has just started the Pilates reformer. His hesitation in the past was that there were no men in the group. Now smile from ear to ear talking about all the women you meet as your Pilates schedule varies! So far he has met one for lunch and another for a drink. (Plus, she loves the way they are.)
2. Try a Meet Up group. Warning: Choose something that really interests you! If you choose a Meet Up to hit golf balls at a distance and join the Happy Hour afterwards and you HATE golf, well, this is not fun and will ultimately be frustrating. So, I come up with ideas, and to see them flush it out, it’s really fun. Here is a partial list of activities:
· Night of curiosities (oh, I could totally get into it! Tip: go alone to be placed on a team with new people)
· Weekly race on Thursday 19:00 (meet some new runners)
· Fix and rotate the visit to the property (eh, you never know)
· January Reading Club (Aren’t you in a reading club and enjoy reading? Here you are)
· Archery (my client Sam loves this one)
· Friday night Spanish / English exchange (hmmm, Kim (client) always wanted to learn Spanish and said it was a bit of a waste but people are friendly!)
· Beer and board games (sure, you can have wine)
· Guitar Lovers Open Mic (yes, it’s boring after a while if you only listen to yourself)
· Learn fencing (now this could be hysterical)
· Men and women over 50 Mah Jongg
· Drink and Draw
As I mentioned in the past, your potential partner will not knock on your door. Oh, except for my New York client who had a fire in the kitchen and ended up going out with the firefighter!
3. Create an environment that prepares you for success
What does it mean? Get out of your comfort zone! If it’s been 5 years since your last relationship, let’s build some confidence by being flexible in dating. Maybe you’re looking for a man online, but you’re not sure about his profession, but hey, you have a lot in common. Book your date for lunch. No coffee (how romantic is that?). Start dating. What else do I mean? Don’t listen to detractors like your negative single friends or the Smug Marrieds (channeling Bridget Jones). OH MY GOODNESS. 1 in 3 people met their OS online in 2021. 1 in 4 got married through online dating in 2020. I rest my case.
4. Have a backup plan
Try to meet new people as you do in your career. I bet your Google work schedule seems busy. Why shouldn’t your personal calendar do that?
5. Invest in your intention
Okay, you’re shy. Maybe you need responsibility. Maybe you’re nervous about some revolutionary new ideas to add to your life. Don’t let that stop you. You didn’t get out of bed one day and started doing headgear. You went to a studio. A kind yogi has helped you. Or you started cycling during the Covid. Invested in a Platoon.
A great dating coach is an investment. That’s what a good online dating coach does for you: she’s your beacon of light, making the way to find dating easy and stress-free. Plus, she’s your cheerleader. You can send him a text message at 11:30 pm on a Saturday night excited about an appointment. She’s worried. She talks to you weekly and teaches you everything from the right online dating site, the right photos, writing your online dating profile, how to send messages and choosing the right dates, yes, that’s a responsibility in a way fun and effective.
Now, don’t be shy! If you’ve just read this and you feel overwhelmed, don’t be. I do it every day and I have been doing it for 25 years. I’ll break it down down and make dating fun and efficient for you.
Love and laughter
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.